Friday, March 30, 2012

My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

My natural hair color is black. I have managed to make it look a bit lighter by using over the counter hair dye like Clairol, etc... but now my hair is kind of brown, but still looks black. It only looks brown when I'm out in the sun. My black roots are showing now too. I want my hair to be brown, not dark brown, but a lighter brown. I don't want to get it professionally done when I know I just need to figure out what type of hair dye I can buy over the counter. My friend suggested buying a blonde dye, and that will turn my hair light the way I want it. But I want to see if anyone here can help me out who actually really knows or have tried it. The light brown hair dye that you can buy are not recommended for black hair. And I have tried it, and it doesn't really make my hair lighter anyway.



So any suggestions you may have, please let me know. Would getting blonde hair dye really work? And I've heard about bleaching. I just don't know how to do it...



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

You need to get it professionally done, you don't understand that you could end up with orange hair, it is hard to control color deposit and removal in black hair, they will call u cheetoh!!



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

Go to a professional the first time you do it, then you can do it at home. Too big a step to try yourself. Check out my website to book travel and earn extra cash http://www.debbiestravelstore.com/



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

ask a professional, just go to a salon they know what to use, if u try it yourself ,then you might not like the outcome



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

i made the same mistake by dying my own hair, even if it's just going a shade lighter. although on the packaging it says permanent it will wash out eventually and you're natural colour will show.get it done by a professional, this way they can mix colours to get the perfect shade you want. and you know for sure it's not gonna wash out



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

Dont use a blonde dye. That will turn your hair copper, trust me Ive done it. The best company for me is Loreal. Go to http://www.lorealparisusa.com/ then click the haircolor icon at the bottom of the page. Then on the left it will give you the different names of their colors. Click on diff. ones and play around with it. Every diff. one allows you to find your shade. It will ask for your current color and the result you want. Then give you colors you can use for your color to give you the result you are looking for. Be sure to get some shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair after you've colored it to keep it from fading. Good luck to you!



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

I had the same problem too, go to you local drug store and buy Feria Hi-Lift Browns by L'Oreal, it will lighten your black hair, without making it orange or brassy. Follow all the instruction and your should be fine.



My natural haircolor is black. What over the counter hair dye could I use to make my hair brown?

Black hair looks great on a man!!



black is very hard to dye, you can use Nice 'n Easy ( it is easy , cheap and last longer than the other brands)



Based on your current color, try one of these shades 118A Natural Medium Neutral Brown 0r 116 Natural light neutral brown for the most flattering results, you have to use the neutral color for black hair , otherwise your hair will turn orangy - redish,... Horrible!



every 2 weeks , you need to aply more dye to the roots and let it sit for only 15 - 20 minutes to get a more natural look.



You should dye all your hair every 6 to 8 weeks depending how fast it grows.



If you dye your hair , you must use a deep conditioner often to prevent damage and split ends



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment