Friday, April 27, 2012

Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

I have good course hair when straightened since its naturally thick. But the whole year of 2006 I've been adding many blondes and auburn on my light brown hair. I've used the same product all the time the highlights were added or retouched. Loreal for dark hair only. Towards the end of the year ive been retouching and added auburn carelessly and quick on top of my hair being dry. It became damaged and my bangs and whole front broke off bad. i learned that the best way to highlight/retouch is to add twice the moisturizer you normally use right before doing your highlights. I later then dyed the whole bottom of my head black and left the top as is then figured to get my head one whole color to grow my hair back out and then recolor. I died it black and my hair got better. It's been three months. I want to go back to blonde but it wont turn the black, just the roots. I was using the same product as before because i dont know much about any other product. Which one to use? or go to a pro?



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

you cannot lighten color with color! you would have to lighten with bleach. but, you MUST be careful there too. you still have bleach underneath your black color.



it's when you overlap bleach that you actually get breakage!! yes, you need to use moisturizers as well, but it's the overlapping that causes your hair to break off.



it's harder to color back the black tone more so. so, please be very careful, or get some help if possible!!!



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

if you can't go to a salon, go to sally's beauty supply and they could give you more info! Report It



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

My suggestion is to call a salon and get some expert advice. I do agree with you about the salons not listeing to what you want though! Everytime I go and get my hair done, they have never given me what I want...maybe it's the town I live in, but I've never had a great haircut or haircolor at a salon! But anyway, it doesn't hurt to just call them for advice, that's what I've been doing. Good luck~



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

Go to a Pro. Do not try to do this yourself. Go and have it done you will thank yourself latter.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

Yes but it will take alot of time to change your hair back to the same color you wanted.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

YOU CAN BUT... ITS GOING TO BE VERY VERY HARD!! THE BEST WAY TO GO IS BLEACHING IT... ITS GOING TO DAMAGE UR HAIR THOUGH.... OR YOU CAN ALWAYS USE A HIGHER PROXIDE UPLIFT... LIKE A 50 INSTEAD OF A 20 OR 30.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

If You Must "Do-it-Yourself" Try Using A "Haircolor Remover" On The Area(s) You Want To Change. (L'OREAL庐 Has One Or Try The Beauty Supply) Then, Condition The F*ck Out Of Your Hair Untill You Think It Can Be Recolored.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

I would say if you really don't want to go to a pro, call around to different places and get their input what is best.



Also beauty supply places can give just as much good info cause usually people working there either have worked in a salon or something.



You can go to a salon but sometimes might be good to try a place in someone's home. They seem to be better and actually listen more. I definitely agree with you that they sometimes don't so make sure if you do go it's ok but make sure that your idea gets across no matter what.



I had this trouble myself. I used to dye my hair alot and died it black although my natural color is a dark blond, almost light brown. So, when I wanted to go back to blondish color, I had to use a hair color stripper and then re-dye it a lighter color for it all to be the same color.



I would be careful of that, because I don't know if that is best suggestion for you with the way your hair is. It sounds like it's brittle and very damaged already. You can use a bleach but I would get some pro advice first before it might do something terrible to your hair but good luck. Go the safest route for sure at this point and let it grow out and rest, which is definitely what it needs.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

Trust me ,you will not get good results if you try to get the black out with another hair dye loreal or other.. The best way to do it non-chemically is to add a teaspoon of baking soda to 2oz. of dishsoap.,let this sit on 5 minutes, rub it through the black bits vigorously.Your hair will feel like straw so will need to be shampooed and conditioned right after. It will take many applications but it will eventually fade.Be patient and it will work. Loreal is a metallic color ,meaning it doesn't mesh with anything else,hence the breaking hair. The roots will turn color as they are "virgin%26lt;or untouched %26gt; new growth, the rest of the hair will be patchy or blotchy depending upon how many applications of haircolor were previously put on it!You are better off to stay dark,or cut it out.



If you do go to a pro, don't be surprised if they make you sign a waiver, most salons will not guarantee anything if you use box color at home. Also most salons refer to this as a corrective color and the price can be outrageous, make sure to ask a price before comitting to the service.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

I have brown hair, and dyed mine black once. It was suppose to be a wash out dye, but it didn't come out. I went to a salon, and had to have them get it out. It took them about 8 hours to do it! But the time was worth it. They took it slowly, so my hair wasn't damaged, and they conditioned my hair at least 3 to 4 times. You need to find a good salon to go to, and ask them to take it out. When I left, my hair not only felt like silk, but it was back to the original color, and no damage done. Don';t try to do it yourself. You might not end up with the right color, and you might cause damage.



Can I dye/highlight my dyed black hair back to blonde?

You can get the black out but you have to bleach/strip the color, a box of blonde dye won't do the job. I am not sure if it's bleach that the salon uses when they strip dye out or if they have something else. It will be really hard on your hair and you may even have to do it twice, depending how resistant your hair and the black dye are. Since you mentioned damaging your hair before, it might not be a good idea to strip it. Even if the hair feels ok now, that's probably just the conditioner. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think hair actually mends, it's still damaged. Black is really hard to strip out and bleaching/stripping is really hard on your hair in general, your hair could end up all breaking off if it's not healthy enough for it. If you're set on doing it, I would go to a salon. Even if you don't get it done there, they should be able to tell you if your hair would survive it. If you do it yourself, I suggest getting higher quality bleach/stripping stuff from a beauty supply shop (such as Sally) rather than using the stuff from the drugstore.



Whatever you decide, I hope it turns out nice. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment