Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bright highlights in black hair?

I have wavy, naturally black hair I'm thinking about getting some bright teal or fuschia highlights in it (something that will really stand out). I have three questions:



1) Where should I put them? My hair is currently a little above my shoulders and cut into many short layers w/ sidewept bangs. I'm thinking about coloring my entire fringe with some additional highlights framing my face. Any suggestions(pictures are nice too)?



2) Will these colors work? I've heard that with black hair you must bleach your hair first before the highlights show up, but my friend got purple highlights in her black hair and it showed up fine w/o her having to bleach it first.



3) What should I ask for at the hair salon? Should I show them a picture of what I want? Are there specific techniques for highlighting that I should ask for?



Bright highlights in black hair?

putting these bright colors in your hair would look really really cool, one thing though those bright colors fade within 2 weeks and they might not pop so much. teal is really cool, i had black short curl hair with teal cause i have light blue contacts and it was hot. tell the stylist to put vertical foils on the top side and UNDER your bangs not on them. u could always colour it black



Bright highlights in black hair?

1. get a few small ones in your bangs (considering you have full, sideswept ones). and then random ones (some chunky, some thin) all over. i think that would look best.



2. yeah, they should work. i got my hair from a dark brown to an almost white blond in one time. all they did was use a product to lift up the hair's natural color. im not sure if it had a bleach content, but all they said was that it "lifted up my hair's color". then, to make it the right color, they add the toner. which, in this case, would probably be the fushcia or teal color.



3. you should try explaining to them EXACTLY what you want, and show them a picture if you can find one. that helps ALOT to have a pic. dont be afraid to tell them whatever you want done, and be reall specific if you want it done the way you want.



and simply tell them the overall look you're going for.



i hope you like how your hair turns out [:



sounds really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment