Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

Many say natural black hair is difficult to manage. Why not get cute afro puffs? Why not use bigger combs, even comb the hair when wet so it's easier to comb, and style it up in cute feminine ways in it's unstraightened state?



Why is womens natural black hair not considered to be as beautiful as straight hair?



Please don't asnwer this with another question without answering this one. thanks.



And forgive me if my question sounds racist or immature, I am not trying to be. Just asking out of curiosity.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

I agree with you. I think more black women should go natural. But like I said in my previous answer, I have OK hair that I just wash and go. I never had to deal with extra thick extra curly hair. My sister has hair like that, and she wears hers in braids, without extensions. I think more black women should do dreads. I love black guys with locks, and black women look just as good with them. I sometimes wish I had more hair so I can braid it, but my hair is fine and not thick. It's not thin either, I just look like I have white people's hair when I try to wear braids, and it messes up to easily.Just remember, the 70s when Afros were popular. They still should be today.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

I don't doubt YOUR hair is easier to comb when wet and that it閳ユ獨 like a 閳ユ競rillo pad,閳?etc., but that's partly my point. Different people have DIFFERENT kinds of hair so they CHOOSE to do different things. So, it's not fair for you to assume EVERYBODY can and should wear natural styles like you. Report It



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

I think you are being rude to us black women asking this guestion?Well I got one for you why do white people like to straight there hair.We black women know what we like and go after it.Why do you people think yall hair is better than ours?



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

yeah, they change their names so they wont have the names of the white slave owners but at the same time spend hundreds of dollars a month to try to have white styled hair. I too am confused.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

Well you are asking a pivotal question...why do we like straight hair? Why do we like Blonde Blue Eyed women? Why do we divide ourselves by the way we look on the outside? Isn't it what's on the inside that counts? We are a biased society that is why.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

As a black woman, I have thick curly natural hair... and while it sounds like a good idea to wear cute afro puffs... I feel we just don't have the time to deal with all the mess of the thick hair... I tend to straighten mine, every few months to calm down the hair and make it easier to manage - My hair is very beautiful when it is not straight - I just want to get to work on time withoug having to wake up 4 hours earlier to maintain that "natural" look. Its just more convenient when its "tamed / relaxed"



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

some have hair too thin for that



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

well i mean everyone has different taste, i prefer getting a relaxer, i dont want to be bothered with washing my hair in a afro, it would probably take 5 hours to make sure its washed clean, it would be hard to comb out once im starting to dry it.and plus it looks more feminine to me and better, its not that we are tryin to have straight hair, i just get something that is appealing to me or that makes me feel happy and comfortable, when i was much younger, i would have to get my hair washed, and dried, combed out, and pressed, and that hurted me. It hurted my head and my feelings, i would cry, run and hide.It even got to a point when i knew i was gonna get it done. i would stay outside and play much longer, so when it was time to go home it would be too late to get all that crap done, so my mom finally gave in and gave me a relaxer, and not only that, but my sister use to burn my head when pressing it with the stove hot comb.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

Different people have different reasons for the styling choices they make. It's not as simple as saying all black women who straighten their hair don't consider natural black hair as beautiful as straight hair (I know this is not exactly what you said, but it's what your question implies). Therefore, I can only speak from my own experience.



I got my hair straightened because it was simply too thick for me to manage. It just could not fit in even two ponytails, and as I got older, my mother simply did not have the time to help me with it anymore (as it used to take me two hours to get ready for school every morning). And by the way, my hair was much more difficult to comb through when it was wet. I used to cry when I had my hair washed because combing it out hurt so much.



Not every black woman's hair looks cute in afro puffs; we all have different textures. Some of the beautiful "natural" styles you're seeing nowadays are done in salons...and they are more expensive to maintain than getting my hair straightened every six weeks.



These are my reasons for relaxing my hair, and I'm sure that if other black women answer you, you will get a huge range of varying reasons for their styling choices.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

Afro puffs? That's hella shady



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

You have to be White and blond.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

cause some people actully care about there hair.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

If you understand the work of a so called Black persons hair you would know that its not always perfect ringlet curls beyond 1 inch



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

lol....Where's the white girl question? Make that your next posting.



Black girls straighten their hair. Why not cute afro puffs instead?

it is not professional

No comments:

Post a Comment