Friday, April 20, 2012

Black hair w/ red highlights?

I'm a guy and I have naturally black hair, and I was thinking of getting bright red highlights to go along with my halloween costume. =P However, I heard from some of my friends that red on black hair will come out brownish-red if I don't bleach my hair first. Is this true? I don't really want to go THAT all out for halloween, since I'm just looking for temporary or semi-permanent highlights.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

Yes i have heard about it too... What if you just put red extensions ? To be honest i prefer the combination of black and purple. Good luck and happy Halloween



Black hair w/ red highlights?

Just get hair extensions, simple and cheap.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

it wont turn out as a bright red if you use temporary dye. try the spray on kind that you find in the holloween section. it'll take a lot but it'll wash out.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

You can get a hair spray in the shop that sells Halloween bits and pieces. Then you can wash it out after the party before you go to bed else you will wake up with a red pillow. Hope you enjoy yourself I wish I was coming.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

yea, your hair will be red since your hair is dark,



ususally color will only lighten to reddish/blonde, when



dark. I wouldn't bleach your hair it may fall out!



Buy the hair color product that says lightens to strawberry blondes and it should turn out red. I do this to my hair all the time.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

yes they are right..if you wish to have bright red high lights..its best to bleach your hair first.



some dye kits though actually take out that process...basically you put the highlight dye in your hair and it both bleaches and turns the highlight color at the same time.



if you do not wish to bleach your hair first then i suggest you talk to someone at a beauty supply store...such as Sally Beauty Supply and tell them what you wish to do. make it clear that you do not actually wish to bleach your hair..but you still want bright red high lights. they may be able to help you.



hope i was of some help.



by the way....the red, black hair look is cool.



i dye my hair black...and ive been thinking about getting some kind of highlights myself..perhaps pink since that is my other favorite color besides black. or maybe white...



Black hair w/ red highlights?

Yeah hair extensions are probably the best way to go, the spray is a good idea too but often just looks gross and lumpy, at least you know what the extensions will look like before you pin them in your hair.



Black hair w/ red highlights?

RV Max red hair dye. bright bright red!

No comments:

Post a Comment